This is a little piece that was part of a KO lot that I had purchased off of eBay back in 2012. Total cost of the whole lot equally divided, I basically paid $25 for this figure with $4 shipping.
|Ah...the good old days when you could buy your kid a gun from the store.|
Here's a list of what was included in that lot:
- Tyuannosaurous – Ancient Animal (sticker applied, empty sticker sheet, sword, 2 missles on sprue, Styrofoam, box)
- Tractor Shovel (box, figure)
- Truck Crane (figure, box, insert, instruct)
- Dump Truck (applied stickers, box, insert)
- Triple Changer Bliztwing (applied stickers, empty sticker sheet, styrofoam, box)
- Pistol Robot gun, Styrofoam, box, yellow gun, 3 bullets loose, 1 bullet on sprue, 4 fists)
- Micro Cassette Robot Jaguar (figure, box, insert, I missle, clear case)
My friend "M" has this KO version, and I have to say that I like the cover art of this box much better.
Here's a comparison of them side by side.
|*sigh* THE REAL VERSION.|
|Doesn't this name just roll off your tongue?|
|Back of my box.|
|Back of THE REAL BOX|
Other than missing two missles, it's all there.
|My KO figure. (My bullets and guns are yellow btw)|
|My friend "M's" KO version.|
|Yes, this KO even has the FN branding on it's grip.|
This piece still has some nice spring action to it as well, as you can see in the picture on the right. Still works too. The bullit only goes halfway into the opening (I don't know why I didn't take the picture) but it fires at least a couple of feet.
It may look like a big piece but if you were to compare it next to G1 Megs you would notice a considerable size and weight difference. This doesn't make it any less impressive.
The start of the transformation. It's simple and smooth...obviously a lot less complicated than G1 Megatron. The head is on a spring, so as soon as you pull the wrists out on each end the head pops up, pushing the arms down slightly.
Great looking figure, lots of chrome with just the right amount of red and black. It just comes off as an almost medeival robot figure with its simple, yet beefy shape shape (minus the two laser guns of course....which are really yellow as you will see two pics down, but for some reason turned out orange in these two pics).
I have a KO version of Blaster whose weapon is a viscious moon bladed axe who would look fantastic beside this figure as they match the same time period.
- angry canadian decepticon -
Post a Comment