Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ancient Animal #4 Stegosaurus

And now for the final piece in this 3 of 4 part posting……presenting Ancient Animal #4 Stegosaurus.

Front box art
The original Snarl came from Takara's Diaclone Dinosaur Robo series. When Hasbro imported the toy for the Transformers line, the Diaclone driver mini-figure was dropped and the robot
mode's black torso was turned to a more team-matching red (thus the Snarl we know today).


Takara comparison
Front top left of box (close-up) 





Ancient Animals #'s 1 & 4
The back of the boxes are identical except for colouring and bottom left individual specific picture


Some side-by-side comparisons (of the box sides that is).






Ancient Animal Stegosaurus                                     G1 Snarl




Though not necessarily as rare compared to some of the other Ancient Animals that is by no means a reason not to appreciate it.

- angry canadian deception - 

3 comments:

  1. not too shabby. I really like the black on this and the diaclone,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bryce,

    I agree. The black is pretty sharp looking but if I had my choice I would probably favor having the red color instead....it just seems to stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! My nephew wants a stegosaurus Transformer for his birthday, and I stumbled upon this entry. I had this stegosaurus as a kid. Nice trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete